Date: 23rd November 2012
Star Trek's Zachary Quinto isn't leaving the film series, he has said.
Rumours that the star of 'Heroes' was turning his back on playing Mr Spock emerged earlier this week after remarks he himself made during an interview.
"It's like an era of association with certain roles - a specific part like Spock, or a kind of part, like Sylar - in Heroes - is coming to an end," he told Entertainment Weekly.
Some fans saw this as a hint that he was set to hang up his pointy ears, but Quinto took to Twitter to dispel his own rumour-mongering.
"Simmer down kids. Rumours are rumours for a reason. Quotes out of context. Let's let the second movie come out before we talk about a third," he said.
Next to nothing of the 'Star Trek' sequel, 'Star Trek Into Darkness', has been seen yet, other than three frames director JJ Abrams showed on the Conan O'Brien show.
The split-second footage appeared to show Spock in a volcano wearing a fire-proof suit.
The first trailer for the film, which is due out on May 17, 2013, will be premiered before screenings of 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey'.
The sequel once again stars Chris Pine as James Kirk, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg and Benedict Cumberbatch as the film's villain.
Source: Press Release