Taking some heard earned lessons from new comedy She’s Out Of My League (in UK cinemas from Friday 4th June), James Preece - The Dating Guru – provides some top tips for how, in real life, you should go about dating someone who is “out of your league”….
1) Don't swoon too soon. Pretend that you've not noticed how wonderful they are to start with. They'll work harder if they don't think you are impressed! “High league” people want you to appreciate their less obvious qualities too.
2) High League people rarely get chatted up as everyone else is scared to approach them. Go up and say hello. They'll admire you for your courage and positive attitude.
3) Always be the best "you" possible. If you make sure you always wear your best clothes and look well groomed you'll instantly become more confident and up your social standing. Confidence is sexy and stands out a mile!
4) Forget about leagues - there's no reason why a ten can't date a five if they are both getting something out of the relationship. Just like in the film, it’s not all about looks. Everyone has different things to offer. If it's not looks, perhaps you can make people laugh, play the guitar or bake a fantastic cake. Work out what you have going for you and make the most of it!
5) The most important part of going for the people you want is refusing to go for the people that you don't! So, from now on, you only approach the ones you are attracted to. It really is this simple - If you want to play in the major leagues, you've got to stop wasting time with the minors!
James Preece - The Dating Guru
James is the Dating Guru has worked for more than 20 of the UK's top Dating companies, establishing himself firmly as the most experienced Dating Expert. By working at hundreds of parties and running two Online Dating sites, he knows all the insider secrets. Charming and intuitive, he has helped 1000s of singles find love.
Click here to visit his dating site: