The Devil's Rejects : Movie Review

The Devil's Rejects (2005)When a movie is this bad, it's hard to adequately describe its awfulness in words. The temptation exists to write something along the lines of: "Something this horrible has to be seen to be believed." Of course, that kind of advice would lead to e-mail death threats and other assorted nasty comments from those who spend money on The Devil's Rejects. And I'm sure AMC won't be making the same rebate offer they made for Cinderella Man. The reason is understandable: about 95% of their customers would be demanding their money back. As for the other 5%... it is said that Rob Zombie is an acquired taste (as his awful debut, House of 1000 Corpses, indicated). If that's the case, then I hope it's not contagious and I don't become infected. This is a vile and reprehensible motion picture. Critic Scott Weinberg, with whom I endured the screening, made the following comment when it was over: "I have to go home and take a shower to wash away the filth." Amen.

See movie-reviews for full review

Author : James Berardinelli